Art Pottery of the Day

The Teco Pottery line was debuted in 1902 by the Terra Cotta Tile Works. Style was indicative of the "Prairie School" arts & crafts movement.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Found Artefact - Camark Art Pottery

One of the things I most enjoying hunting for is art pottery. I'm most attracted to pieces with simple, modern lines and rich or unique coloring. Not being a froo-froo kinda chick I shy away from frillies and florals unless, of course, it is a big time score on some Roseville or Rookwood. So, I was really happy to come across this Camark vase while on a thrift break this week. The color is gorgeous, a deep green and the shape is lovely. It's a nice addition to my small collection.
So pretty!

Here's a link to a great overview of the history of Camark Pottery from the Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture.Camark Pottery

No comments: