Art Pottery of the Day

The Teco Pottery line was debuted in 1902 by the Terra Cotta Tile Works. Style was indicative of the "Prairie School" arts & crafts movement.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Found Artefacts-Monet & Melmac

Hello, fellow pickers, junkers and urban archeaologists. I've been away awhile from my blog (busy in the "real" world) but I've been out hitting the thrifts. Got some pretty cool stuff the past 2 weeks. Starting with this pretty vintage Monet necklace.
I regularly troll Ebay for large necklaces from 1960s-70s Monet, Napier & Trifari. So finding this was like an early birthday. I wore it this week.

Also got a nice collection of 1960s aqua and yellow Melmac dinnerware from Stetson China Co.
Stetson Melmac

Might as well stay in the 1960s, or 1970s, with this kitchy mug & caddy set. Bottoms are stamped Japan. I love the bright blue and mint floral pattern. They'd look sweet on a kitchen counter.

Hello, pretty: a still-on-the-card 1961 chatelaine/sweater guard from Sarah Coventry. The chain is removable, so it's versatile.

I think this floral cosmetic case is really groovy.

 








The inside was so clean. Couldn't believe it.







And lastly I came across a set of 4 amber Fostoria sherbert glasses.

2 comments:

bopfish said...

Really nice colour combo on that Melmac.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful find on the necklace. I too love large vintage necklaces by Monet, Givenchy etc.